Tuesday, October 16, 2012

As Long as I live, I will never forget…..

The photos have all been stored away….There are none sitting out to remind me of those I miss so much.

But the memories won’t go away.

There’s a big hole in my heart where they used to be.  It aches every day. Only they can fill it. And make the ache go away…..but every day without them, it hurts more…..

Sometimes, late at night, while I’m watching T.V. or playing on the computer they creep in….and my eyes start to “leak”….

I wonder if they miss me as much as I miss them.

They don’t call, or write, or text….so I don’t know how often they think of me. Or if they ever think about me.

Sometimes the sadness overtakes me and no matter what I do I can’t find any happiness to cheer me up.

I will never forget the days they were all born.  The birthdays, the trips, the school events…..the sporting events….The days we spent together laughing and playing.

The times we went canoeing, or horseback riding…..the trips to the beach…or the zoo…..the vacations we spent together….the fairs and the fireworks…..

The weekends we spent just watching movies together….

Now already, I have missed all of their birthdays….not just once, but twice.  I have missed 2 graduations, missed holidays and more will be coming up soon.  I won’t be there to see them open presents.

I can only try to dream of seeing them.

Every day  brings more tears and more lost moments.

I will never forget them……

It is said you must learn to forgive and forget.  That unless you forget, you can not truly forgive.

I will never forgive those who have come between us.

I try to forget…..but they are as much a part of me as the blood that runs through my veins, and the tears that run down my cheeks.

I will never forget…….

And I hope someday they will find a way back to me…..and that every day they remember how much I love them and miss them.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment