Saturday, November 27, 2010

Don’t get Around much anymore…

Don’t worry….I’m still around….I just don’t get on the computer as much as I used to.
As I mentioned in previous blogs, I have been knitting up a storm!  I have 6 scarves I am working on at the same time.  If I get tired of one color, I switch.  I try to work a little on each color every day.
My Grandson now calls me from his current Army school in North Carolina.  He is allowed to use his phone on the weekends and Wednesdays.  This week, because of the Thanksgiving Holiday, He got his phone on Wednesday and was able to keep it through the weekend.  It’s nice to hear his voice.  He is now allowed to have a computer or TV so I am going to be sending a flat screen TV/Monitor to him.  When he comes on Christmas break, He can purchase a cheap desktop computer and just take what he needs back.  He bought himself a new X-Box 360 and some games and accessories, which he will also take back if his mother doesn’t send them to him.
Today is the first day of my other 2 grandsons Basketball games.  At least through the winter I will have something to look forward to on Saturdays. I will be taking lots of pictures again this year and hopefully will get some nice ones with my new camera.
For thanksgiving, we went to my Niece and Nephews home in Butler, Ohio. (Just outside of Knox County where news was made recently by a young man who kidnapped 2 women and 2 children, killed the women and one of the children and the family dog and stuffed them in a hollow tree after he dismembered them!)  It was supposed to be for “All” the family, but it ended up being myself, one son, my husband, my mother-in-law, my nephew, his wife and 2 girls, and his mother (my sister-in-law). It was very nice even with the rain that stuck around all day…Quiet! When we finally returned home, my mother-in-law wanted to pick up some yarn from one of the stores, where people had already started to congregate for the sale the next day! For us, it was a short trip.  She also picked up a wireless adaptor to get on line using my wireless network.  I picked up a few grocery items I needed. I think all of us were in bed by 9 p.m.!!!
Did any of you brave the crowds on “Black Friday” looking for those special deals??  I avoid going shopping that day if I can help it, at least until after the noon hour!  My husband works at Target and had to be there at 4 a.m. on Friday.  He said when he got to the store around 3:30, the line stretched halfway down the strip mall to the T. J. Maxx store!  My theory is, if I want something and I go at noon to get it and it isn’t there, I wasn’t meant to have it.  I had a few errands to run Friday, so my mother-in-law and I ventured out around noon.  I wanted to see if Wal-Mart still had any of their 4GB memory cards left for $8.  My past experience has told me that some of the items stick around for a long time, and if you wait, you can get them.  I found plenty of the cards left and also picked up a 4GB flash drive for the same price. My mother-in-law had her eye on a 6qt. crock pot at J.C.Penny’s for $9. (her last one got a short in it while cooking this month).  The had plenty left. )It was actually $19 with a $10 mail in rebate).  We made a stop at Hobby Lobby to check out their Knitting needles.  My Mother-in-law bought a round needle to learn to make scarves from me.  She can cast on, knit and purl….it’s just the getting started she’s not sure of.
My next stop was to pay my cell phone bill….at least the past due amount!  Then it was off to K-Mart to see if they had a cheap bundle of CDRs. That was a quick in and out as they had none on sale.  While near a grocery store, I went in to get some BBQ sauce for a package of wings in my freezer and we both played the lottery.
Two more stops….Big Lots, where I found a 50 pack of CDRs for $8 and bought some spice drops.  I wish I had seen the $18.88 Cam-Corder they had on special, as I would have purchased one to put into my camera case.  But alas they were all gone….oh well, next time!  Our final stop was Jo-Ann Fabrics. More yarn, more knitting accessories…They had a 50% coupon and I couldn’t resist get something!
So now, I’m caught up.  I am waiting for this evening to see the basketball game.  This year should be exciting as the coach from last year has been replaced for this year.  Hopefully, this coach will know more than the one last year and the team will come together as one instead of the “I” factor that ruled last year’s team.
So for now, Hugs and Love to all my wonderful friends reading! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
See you in the funny pages!

No comments:

Post a Comment