Monday, April 11, 2011

Rainy Days and Mondays

 

Today the weather reflects my mood…

Friday my grandson gave me the bad news.  I have 6 weeks to get my belongings that are stored in my daughters garage. I am still not supposed to know that my daughter and my grandchildren….my life….are moving away….or where they are moving to.  Of course 2 of my grandsons have been visiting me and have already told me they are moving to Florida.  Although they are looking forward to moving near beaches and sunny warm weather, they aren’t looking forward to leaving me behind…or in the dark. I have tried not to think about it.  I try to be upbeat and happy for them…

But inside, my heart is breaking For the past 19 years or more, my life has been all about them.  They are as much a part of me as my own skin. Birthdays, Sports, Spelling Bees, Easters, Christmases, Thanksgiving and weekends. My home is filled with album after album of photographs…There have been picnics, Scouting adventures, camp-outs, canoe trips, horseback riding, kindergarten graduations and 1 High school graduation. 

But that all ends in 6 weeks.

I try not to think about it…But the memories coming flooding back….and then the tears begin…

I know that when they move, I won’t have any contact with them until they have phone service and internet back…..and that’s only if their mother will allow them to contact me. I will miss 3 birthdays this year, all the holidays, football season.  I don’t even know if my 2 grandsons will be able to play this year.  It will depend upon whether there is a youth league where they are going, and if my middle grandson makes the Junior high team when he tries out. 

My Grand-daughter will graduate next June. I pay for her cell phone….but I don’t know if she will be allowed to invite me to her graduation.  She never calls me now, and barely texts me. 

My “Army” grandson has always been very close to me. Lately, I barely hear from him…Usually it is just when I see him as I pick up or drop off the middle grandson for the weekend. He wants to attend the College near here in the fall.  In High Scholl, he earned college credits in a Vo-Tech course he was enrolled in for 2 years.  He doesn’t know if they credits will transfer to an out of state school.  I have offered he could stay here with me until he gets into college….I don’t know if he will take me up on it or not. 

Rain on….the day might as well be as gloomy as my thoughts….

Hugs and Love to all my dear friends…my constant companions….my shoulders to lean on…Have I told you lately how much you mean to me???

No comments:

Post a Comment