Monday, April 30, 2012

Staying Busy, Keeping up

So Wal*Mart is keeping me pretty busy…..

So far I have been getting between 27 and 30.5 hours a week…I can work as many as 33 and still remain part time…They usually don’t hire any full time people….Keeps from having to pay medical for them I guess….Although I guess if I really needed to, I could have it taken out of my check even if I am only part time.

I received my first full pay check last week….It’s so nice to have money even if over 2/3 of it went to buy groceries!  I am having them put so much into a savings account for me every week….which is the only way I have any money now…I filled the car up for the first time in a long time; and because I bought my groceries at the Giant Eagle, I saved $1 per gallon on the gas there….nice!!!  The good thing is, my husband got paid 2 days after I did so I can buy other things I need with cash without having to dip into my accounts…and Tomorrow is the 1st so I’ll have more money to spend then.  By the time I get done paying bills there won’t be much left anyway…maybe $75….which will last until next week when we get paid again.

I have less time to run errands for the lady across the street but I still do her shopping once a week and mow her yard for her as needed….Lately the weather has kept the grass from growing much and kept the yards damp from recent rains….I will mow it tomorrow whether or not she wants it done or not….it’s been 2 weeks! Our yard really needs it as it seams to grow wild sometimes.  The last time I mowed the lawns, I did our yard first and then went across the street to do her yard.  When I came home I found a baby possum in our garden. 

baby Possum 002 baby Possum 001

If he looks mad, it’s because we picked him up by the tail with gloves on to put him on the path back to his Mama….He got distracted because the yard next door has a gate he could get under, so we had to pick him up a second time….now I will say he could fit in the palm of your hand if you did decide to take your chances holding him.

Not much time for knitting or crocheting and my quilt pieces are crying out for attention.  My new sewing machine, while managing to be taken out of the box and set up has not even been threaded for the first time…I will want to buy a plastic case for it to keep it from collecting dust. 

I have a new project I just started.  I learned to make “Duct Tape Roses”

duct tape roses 001

…I practiced with the gray tape I had, now I want to get more colors….Duct tape comes in lots of colors now! 

So now I have managed to catch you up on things….My hours are all over the place…I work anywhere from a 4 hour shift to a 9 hour shift (with lunch after about 4 hours).  I have gone to work as early as 6:30 a.m…..and left as late as 11 p.m….so there is no getting used to the hours.  My legs are sore, my back hurts….but so far I really enjoy the people I work with…..except when the CSM decides to wait to send me on my 15 minute break until 20 minutes before time for me to go home anyway!

The good news is, since I have been working, I have heard from my grand children more often.

More later….when things get slow again!

Hugs and Love to all!


No comments:

Post a Comment