Monday, October 31, 2011

What do I do now??

Football is definitely over now….The Championship games were last Saturday along with the Cheer Expedition.  Only thing left now  is the Banquet for our team and no telling when that will be.  The Fund Raisers we used this year were flops….and we had 3 of them!  One was at a local restaurant; an all day affair where we earned a whopping 10% of the proceeds if people took a flyer with them (we made $50!).  The other 2 we sold discount cards….one was for a pizza place…the cards cost $20  of which we kept $5…The other was a drive-thru where we sold the cards for $5 a piece all profit… I think it was a combination of lack of spirit this year and a “Who cares anyway?” attitude that started on the field and continued ….

So I have put away all the spirit wear, and the camera feels neglected sitting in it’s case alone in the corner.  I have nothing to take pictures of until something interesting….like snow….happens.  Fall came and went in less than a week.  The temperatures dipped and the leaves all changed color and fell from the trees so fast it would make your head spin. 

Razorbacks vs Chiefs (40)

I did get a few pictures from the football field….when things were slow I’d look around for anything to shoot. Even in these you can see that some of the trees are already bare.

Chiefs vs Razorbacks Championship game 080

My phone and in boxes remain silent… I haven’t heard from my grand children in weeks now.  I am beginning to give up on any contact with them at all….I have a birthday card to send this month, but I don’t think I will add the usual letter inside.  It’s plain to see they don’t want to hear from me…I doubt they even read them….just rip open the envelopes to get the money and throw everything else in the garbage.

I haven’t decided what to do about Christmas.  I don’t really have the extra money to send much to them as I have to pay for my Car license tags renewal and my Driver’s license renewal in December.  And they don’t even let me know when they get the things I do send.  Usually I love Christmas…..this year, I don’t think I will bother with the decorating….and I know I don’t want to go to any of “his” family functions.  I am always the “Fifth wheel” and only there for the food and to take pictures of people who could care less if I was even there….So even if it is next door like last year, I will stay home.  I can make my own dinner and enjoy it more at home. 

I have talked to several different insurance companies and I am considering purchasing life insurance for myself.  I don’t want to be a burden to my 2 sons who do live at home when that time comes…and I want to make sure the ones who care the most for me are taken care of when I am gone….Morbid, I know….but my husband could care less what I would do with him if he passes first….I have considered donating his body to anyone who will take it!….(Like a medical school or such) He has no insurance and has no interest in getting any…and quite frankly, because he drinks and smokes, I can’t afford his insurance.

I look forward to the snow…..White and pristine….the cold biting my nose…..At least I will have something to take pictures of…..

And look forward to the spring and it’s early blooms….

Hugs and Love to all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment