Friday, December 31, 2010

Just my luck!

Well, the old year, 2010, ended for me the way my whole year has gone. 

My Grandson who came home from the Army on leave for the holidays has spent less than 10 minutes visiting me.  He didn’t come for Christmas, or for my birthday.  He hasn’t called me since his first day home almost 2 weeks ago.  He didn’t even text me or e-mail me for either Christmas or my birthday.

I received more holiday wishes and “Happy Birthday” messages from my internet friends than I did from my own family.

I took my son to the bank today meet my husband there so he could get his pay check cashed.  Because I “had the nerve” to ask him for money to pay for his dogs’ license tags, I got yelled out.  He screamed at me because I complain about no one helping me around the house.  He thinks I should enjoy washing dishes  that have been left with food to dry on them because they carry them to their rooms and don’t bring them to the sink.  Then I get yelled at because the one son who does always bring his dishes to the sink gets “special treatment”!!  (This son who gets “special treatment” is also the only person living in the house that thinks of me on every special occasion and always makes sure I have a present even if it’s only a handmade card.) It’s not enough that I let the son giving me the tongue lashing my car to drive to and from work, and down to visit his friend 90 miles away for 5 days at a time.  I mean, I pay for the gas and insurance, and had to buy a new tire this month after he returned the car with a flat tire.  (I bought a new set of tires in March and very rarely put 100 miles on my car in a month’s time when I alone drive it!)  But 2 hours later he was sure to suck up to me so I could give him a ride to work. (Did I mention that when he asked if I had plans for the weekend I was told I needed to find another way to Bingo because he wanted to use my car again???)

So I went to Bingo with my mother-in-law….just to get out of the house….

I figured, I had been 6 times this month, been close to winning more times than I can count, I had 6 chances in the end of the month drawing, 6 chances in the Birthday month drawing and chances at a door prize…..What could be the harm?? 

The doors opened at 4 p.m….we got there at 4:05.  The line was already out the door!!  It has never been this busy before!  The games didn’t even start until 6:30.  By 5:30, they were dragging chairs from everywhere, pulling tables out of offices and even brought in the cast iron benches from outside for people to sit!  Then they started asking if anyone had chairs in their cars!!!  People were sitting on camp chairs, buckets and even kneeling!  I am sure the Bingo hall reached it’s 600 people capacity!

We left around 9 p.m…..after 12 games of Bingo, at least 50 drawings for door prizes, end of the month and Bingo, I left with $30 less than I came in with…..and nothing else!  My bad luck continues….

When I got home, my son took my car to the store to get dog food.  Then he “borrowed’ my car to once again go visit his friend 90 miles away….where his truck sits  after it broke down in  November and they towed it there to “Fix”…..

But it’s a new year….2011

At 12:01 a.m. January 1st, 2011, my “Special treatment”  son brings his cell phone down to me.  On the other end of the line is my “borrower” son…..”Hey mom, as I was pulling off the exit, your car cut off and won’t start back up”…….

Well Hey! I don’t need a car!! I just take everyone everywhere they need to go!….Next weekend my one son needs to go to his Reserves….I can carry him on my back right??? It’s only 33 miles away!  And I am sure I can carry my mother-in-law to the store and then carry her and all the groceries home on my back!!  I can walk to the Wal-Mart  a mile away when it starts snowing again to pay bills! 

Did I mention I don’t have a job….no bank account….no free towing…..no way to pay to get my car fixed/or buy a new one…..

So if this is the way my “New Year” begins….I hate to see what it is going to look like….

but hey! One thing I can look forward to…..at least I don’t have to worry about losing any more money!  I’m not walking to Bingo!

It will be bad enough walking to the basketball games….since that is the only way I can see any of my grandchildren….even if I am not allowed to talk to them…..

 

No comments:

Post a Comment