Saturday, December 11, 2010

Saturday….again???

I used to look forward to Saturdays during the summer and fall….Football!  Now there’s a game I understand!  I can watch football all day. Especially when my grandsons are playing. But that season is over for this year except for on TV.

Now it’s “winter sports”.  That means Basketball….I don’t understand this game.  No, I get some of the calls… “Double dribble” is when you use both hands to bounce the ball.  “Traveling” is when you move more than one foot while holding on to the ball.  “Charging” is when you deliberately run into someone…..But I don’t know the referee signals for some of the other things and to me it’s just running up and down, back and forth and a lot of nonsense about some show off trying to make shots they just aren’t capable of while trying to impress someone.

Now if it were wrestling, I’d understand….Take downs, pins, break-outs….I can watch wrestling.  I think it’s because when you see football and wrestling, it involves more physical contact.  I heard through the grapevine that my grandson was contemplating quitting Basketball and doing wrestling again this year instead.  Fine by me!  I enjoy that more.

Don’t get me wrong!  I support my grandchildren in whatever they do.  I go to their games, matches or meets and take photos of them.  I just can’t stomach more than 2 basketball games a day….It just bores me to death.  Especially when you have 1 kid who thinks he’s “Michael Jordan, Shaq, and the The Harlem Globe Trotters” all rolled into one.  If the kid wants to be a star all unto himself, maybe he should play golf…or maybe tennis….But when it’s a team sport, if he can’t play as a team, maybe he deserves to sit the bench.  Harlem_GlobeTrotters

So I have at least 2 games to watch today because of my grandson, and a friend’s son on another team….If I don’t fall asleep or die of boredom, I will be back later.

:Love and Hugs to all my wonderful friends…..

 

(is it over yet????)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment