Wednesday, December 29, 2010

My New Years Resolution

STOP!

No, I don’t mean for you to stop. That’s my New Year’s Resolution….To stop.

Stop trying to make people like me. (and stop caring if they don’t) Either they do or they don’t. If they do like me, fine.  If they don’t like me, that’s their problem.

Stop worrying about if I will ever see the grandkids again….or when….They know where I live.  They have my cell phone number. If they want to see me or talk to me, they know how. One day, they will look back and wonder on what they have missed.  It can not be replaced once lost. And I will not make excuses for them.

Stop trying so hard to be happy….If I am meant to be happy, it will happen all on it’s own.

Stop trying to be part of a family who could careless if I exists. If they don’t want to contact me, or only contact me when they need something, I should just scratch them from my list of those I should care about. And that is something I will have to start doing more of….Caring about myself, my needs and my feelings above all those of anyone else.

Stop spending so much time with people who ignore me most of the year. I have tons of friends here and on Facebook who spend more “time” with me than people who are supposed to be family. My internet friends care more for me than anyone else and I don’t have to beg them. They are always here and always supportive.  They lift me up when I am down and make me smile when I really don’t feel like it. And I love them all for it.

Stop holding in my thoughts and feelings.  From now on, I will say what I want, when I want. I don’t mean to offend anyone, but why should I spend so much time alone in my room crying over things I can not change.

Stop spending what little money I have on others who don’t appreciate it.  I will spend more on myself and make myself happy.

STOP! Just stop.

I know there are those who have more meaningful resolutions for the new year.  I know my limitations. I know I will never be a “Super Model” with an hourglass figure, perfect skin, gorgeous hair and tons of money. I am going to work on just being me; flaws, misgivings and all.

 

The Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

 

Hugs and Love to all who read this!

No comments:

Post a Comment