Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I am so Proud!

IMG_5684

This is my youngest grandson at last night’s game….

If you look closely, directly in front of the man standing is a little orange marker with a “G” on it….My grandson made his first touchdown this season.  In the past several games, he had had many carries but with no real yardage.  That is, until the game last Wednesday when he picked up about 50 yards in 6 carries. Last night was good for him.  He had some carries that didn’t go very far, but this one was about 12 yards for the first score of the game.  I didn’t get the photo of him chest bumping celebration; but I know he was happy.  Saturday is the ;last game for our team for the season.  They have a week off, then they start practicing for the play-offs.

IMG_5558These are the team captains at the beginning of the game.  In Purple and gold, My 2 grandsons, JP, “George” (and yes she is a girl!) and Cade, the red-head you can just barely see…there is also on boy you can only see his legs….barely, by the Referee.

Not to leave my older grandson out of the action, here is a shot of him in action.

IMG_5575 IMG_5711

I am using my new 75-300mm lens and I love the close up shots.  I can be over 50 yards away and still capture these images of their expressions…..And then there is this wonderful sunset…..

IMG_5844

I do not look forward to the end of the season, but I know it is just around the bend.  Next I will be looking forward to Wrestling and Basketball.  The wonderful thing about the internet, is the area teams almost always have a web site.  And thus, I can get the schedule and sometimes even the team line-up.  Wrestling may be a little tricky as sometimes the wrestlers are divided into 2 divisions….But I am sure if I figure out one of the matches, I can ask my grandson and he will tell me which division and when he wrestles….I can’t wait to capture the action on my camera now that I can get “Up close and Personal” without even having to move out of my seat!

Hugs and Love to All!!!

 

2 comments:

  1. Icewolfie hugs! It is very busy in SJF world is it not? lol ;) Very sporty! You're doing great with the photos...can see you have the happy snappy finger bug good and proper! Lovely sunset...Wolfie wants one! lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pic,
    have a good week
    Take care
    Sue

    ReplyDelete