Saturday, June 11, 2011

I will Survive

“There'd be no sun in my sky,
There would be no love in my life,
There'd be no world left for me.
And I,
Baby I don't know what I would do,
I'd be lost if I lost you,
If you ever leave,
Baby you would take away everything real in my life,
And tell me now,
How do I live without you?
I want to know,
How do I breathe without you?
If you ever go,
How do I ever, ever survive?
How do I, how do I, oh how do I live?”

Sounds like a Bad country song, Huh?  Well actually, it a very good country song. 

As many of you know, my grandchildren  moved away last night.  And try as I might, I couldn’t help from crying when I said goodbye to the 2 grandsons I did get to say goodbye to; the youngest of all my grandchildren, and the oldest….

The youngest came over a week ago after a pool party for his Dare Program at school on the last day of school June 3rd.  Earlier in the day, I attended his “5th Grade Clap Out” ceremony, camera in hand.  Now many of you may not know what a “Clap Out” ceremony is.  All the younger children kindergarten through 4th grade, parents, teachers and grandparents line the halls of the school.  The 5th grade students, this being their last day of elementary school then march through the halls out to the playground….One final ceremony….Believe me when I say , Bring tissues.  It’s kind of a small town thing, but it has a lot of meaning for it’s participants.  Here is my grandson with some of his important friends as they say not only goodbye to their school; but really a goodbye to each other as my grandson would soon be moving to Florida.  (my grandson is the one in the middle)

IMG_1559

The day before, there was an “End of the Year” Awards ceremony.  I was going to attend and now wish I had.  You see, my grandson received a “Presidential Award for Academics” sign of course by Barrack Obama.  The weekend before, I had asked my grandson if he would be getting anything, and he did not know.  I should know by now that that means “probably yes”; but really, I don’t know how many times I could have seen him receive an award and not look like a blubbering idiot….I also didn’t buy stock in the tissue company so my “crying towels” are at a premium and I do think I will be needing them for awhile.

IMG_1562

 Last report card and President’s Awardty award

Last night was really tough for me, but today I made a promise to myself to look on the bright side.  I know it’s not going to be easy for me this summer, but I am going to do my best to look for things to make me happy and keep me going.  Football will be starting in July and I will miss seeing my grandsons playing on the fields; but I can still volunteer with the team and watch their friends play.  There will be the 4th of July parade and fire works, fairs and picnics to attend.  And I have my crafts to work on.  Maybe I will actually make a habit of getting up each day and trying to write at least a little blog….kind of a Day to Day Diary of my new adventures in living so far from my grandchildren. I’m sure there will be more tears and some of the blogs will reflect them. But it’s a start…

Today, I am writing 2 blogs.  This one, and one on a more upbeat note. I know…I should save the one for tomorrow….so how about I write the blogs while the thoughts are in my head….and I will polish and publish the second one tomorrow….

In the meantime, to my Grandchildren, I will miss you every day….

Hugs and Love to all my dear friends following my blogs! You keep me going and stand by me when I need it the most, and I cherish you every day for that.  You don’t know what a few kind words can do to lift this sad spirit….

No comments:

Post a Comment