Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Where’s the switch??

Did you ever go to your room at night and lie in your bed but just couldn’t seem to stop thinking about all the things that were running through your brain like a playful puppy?  Every time you stopped thinking about one thing, something else would pop up….Either a worry, or a bill or something you really “need” to do or should do?  Wouldn’t it be great if there was a switch you could just switch off long enough to get a peaceful, 8 hours of sleep?
switch
Instead we lay there with our eyes closed and think "I need to go here…. pay this…. pick this up….check on this…call this person….write this person….”
And then there are the “what ifs?; the should of, could of, would of’s…….
If there was a switch we could shut off just long enough to get a full night’s sleep without thinking of all the things we do….Wow!  What a good night’s sleep we’d get! We would wake up refreshed.  Everything would seam so much better. We’d have a whole new outlook in the morning and though out the day.
Free-Clipart-of-Light-Switch
The only problem I would see with this is some of us might just forget to turn the switch back on when we got up.We’d have to write ourselves a note and put it somewhere we would be sure to look….for me that would be the coffee pot…
“Note to self….
          Turn Brain switch on”
No problem …. whahhhh…..where is it???
After all as we grow older, I have found my memory is not what it used to be.  I have a habit of putting things away in a “safe” place- and then forgot where the “safe” place was…..This usually ends up bad; as I then tear the house apart trying to find what I was looking for, only to end up with a mess to clean up when I finally remember where it was afterwards.  I have often joked that  memory is part of a woman’s umbilical cord….with every child, you cut a little more away…(Thank goodness I am not like my grandmother who had 18 children!!)
There must be a switch somewhere.
I have ran into people who don’t seam to be using their brains at all….I often have heard the saying “Which line were you in when God was passing out the Brains?”….”Oh look a line, let’s get in it! I love train rides.”
brain
You have your people who do dumb things that seam like fun, the fun things that end up being dumb and the things that are neither fun or safe and are just plain stupid.
Then there is the person behind the wheel of a car that has no clue…They don’t care what the sign says, what color the light is or who has the right of way…They just focus on getting somewhere in a hurry…Often times they fly past you only to be right beside you at the next light.  Or they don’t bother stopping for red lights or stop signs which usually ends up with a lot of screeching brakes from other drivers and people doing “police-like” maneuvers to keep from sending their cars to the great scrap yard in the sky.  These people definitely forgot to turn the switch back on.  Or maybe they have a remote switch and the batteries died….
imagesempty-brain
Well, now that I’ve spent this much time thinking about something we don’t have yet, I think I’ll turn off my switch and go to sleep….If I can just remember where I put the remote to the TV….
Hugs and Love to all!!

1 comment:

  1. Nice information, valuable and excellent design, as share good stuff with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information and inspiration, both of which I need, Very good points you wrote here..Great stuff...I think you've made some truly interesting points.Keep up the good work.
    Cash for Cars Tasmania
    Cash for scrap Cars Tasmania

    ReplyDelete