Thursday, June 16, 2011

Now that’s just annoying!!

Now if I was trying to take a nap right now I would be really peeved!  For the last hour, the same dog has been barking his fool head off.  I mean constant barking!  Not the “Yap, Yap” and quite I mean “Bark, Bark, Bark, Bark Bark” over and over and over!

I know just which dog it is, too.  My former Land Lady, who lives caddy corner across the back alley from us adopted a Rottweiler from another neighbor who was taking very good care of it.  The dog was skinny and under nourished; and this woman has a tendency to over feed her dogs after getting them spade and neutered. Once my son and I had to crawl on the ground to get her dog out from under her pick up truck where she had managed to wedge herself tightly.  Another aging dog required 3 people to lift her up when she could no longer walk and had to be put to sleep.

When I lived in her duplex, I begged to replace a rickety wire fence piece with chain link to match the other 3 sides of the yard…And even offered to pay for it!  But she would not allow me to do it.  After the fire and we moved in permanently in my mother-in-law’s duplex, the former land lady installed Privacy fencing around the entire property!! (what a witch!)

Anyway, now she opens her back porch door and lets this new adoptee out in the back yard….And since it can not see what is going on, it just barks constantly at everything!!

I have 4 dogs…Actually 2 dogs are my son’s dogs; “Vicious” pit bulls who would sooner lick you to death than scratch their own fleas, my Shih-Tzu and my husband’s Chihuahua.

My son’s dogs prefer to be outside unless it is raining or very hot.  The female is the “Talker”.  If she is trying to get the attention of a child she wants to pet her or the puppy next door to play with her, she will “yip” for a few minutes until told to shut up. I also consider her to be “A.D.D.”…as she is over 5 years old, still has not out grown her puppy stage, and has a hard time focusing her attention for long on commands.  I don’t allow any of my dogs to bark for more than a few warning minutes…If they are alerting me to someone at the door, or in/near our yard.  Then they are made to lie down and be quiet.  The exception is when the mail lady comes as they are given dog bones and will bark at her for several minutes as she passes.

So this excessive barking from another dog is very annoying.  I wouldn’t want to live next to a dog who did this.

Another annoying habit about some dog owners is when they take their dogs for a walk to do their “business” on someone else’s lawn.  I would be very irritated if I didn’t own an animal and stepped in “Poop” when I walked out in my yard to cut grass or get the paper!  Several people in our neighborhood walk their dogs up and down the street or over to the school or fairgrounds to “relieve” themselves.  Very few of the owners carry a bag to dispose of the waste.  A nearby park has a “Doggy Waste Station” that provides bags and a can to dispose of any droppings.  Apparently, one of my neighbors has reached his breaking point.  He has placed a hand made sign in his yard that says “Please take your dog dropping with you.”

My theory is, if you own animals, you must take responsibility for them.  Nothing worse than being woke up by a howling cat in heat, a cat fight or a dog that barks for hours on end.

Hugs and Love to all!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment